Happy New Year’s Eve! My last episode of the year is epic. I have the King of Podcasting on… John Lee Dumas!
He drops some value-bombs about episode scripting and question asking for podcast interviews. He dishes valuable insight to dominate your niche and grow an audience eager for your content.
And, Happy Birthday today to Brandon T. Adams!
A few exciting highlights include:
- How EOFire was created (Hint: it was originally called Entrepreneur On Fire and we talk about why he made the change to the shortened version and what were the pros and cons of this change)
- Selecting questions for your podcast interviews
- Understanding your target audience and providing meaningful content
- Using anchor points to repurpose interview content
- Sending an email pitch to a potential guest
- Optimizing your copy to be found in search engines
- Growing an engaged audience
Take Action Now!
- Text NETWORK to 44222 to get weekly, short, actionable copy tips!
- Copywriting for Podcasters? Yep! Grab my Amazon Best-Selling Book now!
John Lee Dumas (@johnleedumas) is the Founder and Host of the award-winning podcast EOFire. When starting his entrepreneurial journey, JLD’s goal was to provide as much value as possible and hopefully gain followers and fans that were benefiting from the content he was providing.
EOFire launched on September 22, 2012, and he followed this recipe for success: “Create free, valuable, and consistent content.”
Before long, a community began to form that he has referred to as Fire Nation, and they’ve guided him ever since.
John Lee Dumas is also the author of Podcast Launch which is a number one result on Amazon for podcasting. He runs a membership site for podcasters who want to learn all the ins and outs of podcasting from start to growth, called Podcasters’ Paradise.
JLD has been a keynote speaker at many conferences such as Podcast Movement, Young Entrepreneurs Convention, Social Media Marketing World, and more. His mission is to inspire and equip entrepreneurs worldwide to achieve their dreams and grow their businesses.
EOFire is an award-winning podcast where John Lee Dumas interviews today’s most successful entrepreneurs 7-days a week. JLD has interviewed over 1,500 entrepreneurs and EOFire has over 1.5 million monthly listens.
EOFire generates over $250,000 a month in revenue and episodes have been downloaded more than 12 million times by listeners in 145 different countries in 2015 alone.
The focus of EOFire is to share game-changing, life-altering insights from the most inspiring, entertaining, and insightful entrepreneurs. Built from the foundation of the EOFire podcast, John Lee Dumas also offers a free podcast course that provides 15 days of detailed step-by-step instructions and video tutorials on how to create, grow, and monetize a podcast.
JLD has taken the exact blueprint he used to grow EOF to its epic levels and gives it away through this podcast course at no charge.
Another extension of EOFire is Podcasters Paradise which brings a combination of access to more than 200 video tutorials, monthly Q&A sessions with John Lee Dumas and special guests, 24/7 access to the largest community of professional podcasters, and over 20 email templates, scripts, and document samples.
In order to help entrepreneurs set and accomplish goals, JLD created The Freedom Journal which is a physical book that creates accountability in accomplishing that #1 goal in 100 days. Also launching on Kickstarter on January 23rd, 2017 is The Mastery Journal, which is a guide to master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days.
EOFire started out offering free and valuable content and continues to consistently do just that. In addition to the free podcast course, other free courses were created to help entrepreneurs succeed in business and life.
The free goals course helps to accomplish a meaningful goal in 8 days, Funnel on Fire course creates a funnel that converts in 8 days, and the free webinar course helps create webinars that convert in 10 days. With all of the great resources provided, EOFire has inspired Fire Nation to take control of their life and take the Entrepreneurial leap.
- “There’s nothing better that you can do for yourself and your show than to really understand who that one perfect listener is, and then how you’re going to serve that person uniquely.” – John Lee Dumas
- “Find an area that is not being served and dive deep into that and serve that audience in a very meaningful way.” – John Lee Dumas
- “If you try to resonate with everybody, you will resonate with nobody.” – John Lee Dumas
- “Dominate that niche, get those first few raving fans, and then get that momentum going and grow from there.” – John Lee Dumas
Links to Things Mentioned in This Podcast Episode:
- My book on Copywriting for Podcasters! (also features JLD’s wise words of advice inside)
- EOFire Podcast
- Podcasting Mastermind Accelerator Program – use code: PETERSEN for 10% off
All Podcast Episodes:
Please Help Me Grow and Be Found!
If you like the show, please leave me a short review on iTunes! It will help it get found by others too. 🙂
Watch how to do it from your computer here!